How Medicare Supplement plans works
A Medi-Gap or “Medicare Supplement” is offered by private insurance companies to help pay all or most of the cost left behind by Medicare Part A and B. These plans have the following features and benefits:
- Guaranteed Renewable for Life
- No Network Restrictions
- See any Doctor who accepts Original Medicare
- A set monthly premium (no surprises)
- No Deductibles
- No Co-Pays*
- Multiple Plans to Choose from
- Does not have a drug plan tied to the Policy
*Most plans do not have a co-pays except Plan N
Medicare supplement plans are not subject to Medicare compliance laws as are other types of Medicare health plans and Part D drug plans.
You are allowed to select a Medicare supplement plan without going through underwriting or being subject to eligibility questions if:
- You are turning 65 within 6 months and have applied for or eligible for Medicare Part A and B
- If you are older than 65 and have lost group insurance coverage through no fault of your own in the last 63 days and have applied for Part B
- If you are under 65 and have recently received Medicare Disability.
Also Medicare supplement plans are not subject to the “Annual Open Enrollment” as the other Medicare plans are, once you’ve chosen a Medicare supplement plan, that’s all you have to do, no other action will ever be required and the plan will automatically renew on your anniversary date.